AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

stevenwhite
Message 1 of 2 (400 Views)

Exporting shp file from AutoCad Map 3D 2012 x64

400 Views, 1 Replies
07-19-2012 06:19 AM

Started having a problem when I export out a line in AutoCad to a shapefile. ArcMap can't open because the files don't match and whne I try to read it in AutoCad, I get the same basic message.

There was a problem accessing the connection's schema information.

The file 'L:\REFERENCE_MATERIAL\New-Connects\BTMR-08-02-TEM.dbf' is corrupt or does not have the same number of objects as the file 'L:\REFERENCE_MATERIAL\New-Connects\BTMR-08-02-TEM.shx'.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (396 Views)

Re: Exporting shp file from AutoCad Map 3D 2012 x64

07-19-2012 07:28 AM in reply to: stevenwhite

Hi,

I would be careful using 14 characters as filename for a shape (it 's an very old styled format, used in times for dos with 8.3 filename-structure).

Then you should always remove the IDX-file if you transfer SHP-data between different software-packages.

And just to make sure, there are some applications that see differences between lower- and uppercase-characters in the filename. So if you have a file A.SHP, a.shx and a.dbf ==> the files are not recognized to belong together, they have to have the same letters for all three filenames (at least 3 files).

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.