AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to Shape

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
bingeomatics
960 Views, 12 Replies

Export to Shape

Hello, colleagues!

How can to export my SDF file to ESRI Shape file? In AutoCAD Map menu have a commands, but those works only for drawing objects. Have any way to export SDF to Shape?

Thanks all? who can help me!

Binnat Khalilov
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hi,

two options:

• use _MAPIMPORT (>>>details<<<) to import the SDF-file (don't forget to import the attributive data to objectdata .... and then use command _MAPEXPORT (>>>details<<<) to create a SHP.
  • use _MAPCONNECT to get the SDF referenced into your drawing. Then create an empty SHP +the structure for it (using schema-creation functionality(>>>details<<<)). When this part is finished you can use bulk-copy (>>>details<<<) to transfer the content from SDF to SHP.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 13

Thank you very much!

Binnat Khalilov
Message 4 of 13
bingeomatics
in reply to: bingeomatics

Hi!

I tried to copy from SDF to SHP, but I can't. When I can't apply  Bulk copy command? What problem must be?

error

1.JPG

Binnat Khalilov
Message 5 of 13
Murph_Map

A SDF file can contain point, line and polygon features all in the same dwg. Most likey your SDF is set up as multiple type features. You might want to try FDO2FDO from SL-King its a little more forgiving.

http://www.sl-king.com/fdo2fdo/fdo2fdo.html

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 6 of 13
bingeomatics
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thanks, Murph! I will try...

Binnat Khalilov
Message 7 of 13
bingeomatics

Murph, thanks, it works goog, I have exported and finished sucsessfully. But it don't exports coordinate systems informations. How can I solve this problem. Did you used FDO2FDO?

Binnat Khalilov
Message 8 of 13

Hi,

the coordinate system is stored in a separate PRJ-file (same name like SHP, DBF, SHX, but other extension).

If you don't have that file and you need it, create an empty shape winthin a drawing with assigned coord-sys, that will also create a PRJ-file then. Use this file and rename it to the name of your SHP-data.

To the above message: I have seen that also when converting an SDF or SQLite to a SHP even when the sources where set to a single geometrytype (POLYGON) and not multiple-geom-types.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 13

Thank you, Alfred.

Binnat Khalilov
Message 10 of 13
bingeomatics

But I want to know, is it that I did wrong anything in AutoCAd Map while exporting?

Binnat Khalilov
Message 11 of 13

Hi,

>> is it that I did wrong

I don't see any mistake.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 12 of 13

Then it means that the problem is in programm, I think. may be....

Binnat Khalilov
Message 13 of 13
Murph_Map

@bingeomatics wrote:

Murph, thanks, it works goog, I have exported and finished sucsessfully. But it don't exports coordinate systems informations. How can I solve this problem. Did you used FDO2FDO?

Alfred explained the projection file. Yes I used the FDO2FDO a few times if you can you may want to thank the SL-King folks for it, Haris donates a lot of time to the open source community.  

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost