AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export dwg to txt file

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
5583 Views, 5 Replies

export dwg to txt file

Hi,

I want to export features (.STRING, .ROTATION, .X, .Y, BLOCK ATTRIBUTES...) from severals dwg drawings in txt file . In the same time and in the same result, I want to transform coordinate in NAD83 to Lat/Lon. If it's possible, I want to execute in a batch file, without open Autodesk Map.

I know that you can do a query in Map to extract file text but it doesn't take coordinates change...

With this txt file, I want to create a database to load in mapguide.

so ...have you got any idea ???

Thanks for helps!

Yannick
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Doing it with out opening AutoCAD would require using objectDBX, either in VB(a) or an ARX. Doing a batch scr for a number of dwgs shouldn't be that hard to work out a lisp to run a query. Create a blank project with the Lat/Lon assigned then attach your dwg and query for the info. The coordinates would be in the Lat/Lon as long as you attach the dwg to a project that has them assigned to it.

Murph
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

If you make a query report, it doesn't work....It keep coordinates from attached dwg...
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Right, Let me look a few things and might have an answer. Murph "veillout" wrote in message news:33053012.1071514074510.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > If you make a query report, it doesn't work....It keep coordinates from attached dwg...
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I just tried it and it worked, make sure the project has the LL coordinates assigned to it and that the dwg you are query from the NAD83 coordinate assigned to it. Also make sure you check the "APPLY TRANSFORMATION" check box in the Output Report Options dialog. Murph "veillout" wrote in message news:33053012.1071514074510.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > If you make a query report, it doesn't work....It keep coordinates from attached dwg...
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks Murph!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report