AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export DWG text objects to SDF but how to label them ??

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
toolbox2
970 Views, 4 Replies

Export DWG text objects to SDF but how to label them ??

Map 2012

How do I add text labels to points?

I'm exporting DWG objects to a SDF file. Once connected to the SDF file, text items are displayed as points as expected. I have ensured the STRING attribute is present in the conversion and I can see these values in the Properties pallete.

I want to label the points using the Style Editor but try as I might no text label appears. I've checked the obvious stuff like ensuring I'm not using black text on a black background and the text is not so small that I cannot see it.

I can label lines so I know I can do it!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: toolbox2

Instead of _MAPCONNECTing it, try to _MAPIMPORT the SDF, setting up as the attached one...

Message 3 of 5
toolbox2
in reply to: antoniovinci

Thanks, but I don't want to re-import something I've just exported.

If it comes to it then I'll have to XREF in text objects but surely there's a way to label them ??

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

have you activated the "object-label" property in the stylization-dialog for the SDF?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
toolbox2

I'm a dummy. I was trying to label a line or polygon, not the point. Thanks for the help, your screenshot showed me my obvious mistake.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost