AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploding a Linetype

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ADmkinler
10661 Views, 6 Replies

Exploding a Linetype

I am using AutoCAD 2015 and I want to explode a Centerline Polyline Linetype. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: ADmkinler

You want to "explode" the linetype down to its linetype components? Meaning each dash is a separate line?

Use WMFOUT and WMFIN (Insertion point is UL of viewport, and Scale it 2X)

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 7
ADmkinler
in reply to: rkmcswain

Yes, I want to explode the Linetype. I am exporting out to a KMZ file, but I would like to have the Centerlines / Hidden Lines stay as such. 

Message 4 of 7
diane.cloutier

Hello,

I just tried using WMFOUT/WMFIN as R.K. suggested, then exploding the resulting  block reference and it appears to work.  Hopefully that worked for you too.

Thanks,

Diane Cloutier
Message 5 of 7

WMFOUT/WMFIN doesn't seem to work properly on large polylines. Here's how middle portion of 6km long dashed polyline looks like with start and end segments being positioned correctly (moved and scaled). Middle line segments seem to be somewhat randomly rotated and little misoriented. The biggest distortion in the picture is 0.35m at the middle bottom (line is 3m, gap is 9m). Red is original, green is a product of WMF operations.

janisprodnieks_0-1633419090414.png

Message 6 of 7
rkmcswain

WMFIN/WFMOUT basically takes a snapshot of what is on the screen and converts it to vector. So the further out you are zoomed, the less resolution of the snapshot and the less accurate the re-imported vectors will be. 

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 7 of 7
janis.prodnieks
in reply to: rkmcswain

I had zoomed to an object before performing WMFOUT so obviously the object was too large... (or my monitor too small)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost