AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exeception errors when opening and closingfiles

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
fantonio
935 Views, 3 Replies

Exeception errors when opening and closingfiles

Hello everyone,

This is my first time to post on this forum 🙂

I am no expert in AutoCAD Map3D, but as a IT Technician, I am responsable for installing and configuring the application.

I just did an upgrade from AutoCADMap3D 2012 -->2013. For the two users that I did the installation, they have been getting this error "Exception in command ARX covsrvechelle19.arx" screenshot attached.

The dxf file they are trying to access is on the network drive. With Map3D2012 they have never experienced this problem. I installed AutoCAD SP1 but the problem still persisted.

Please advice !!

Thanks in advance,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: fantonio

Hi,

>> I installed AutoCAD SP1

You can't install a servicepack for AutoCAD on top of AutoCAD Map3D, didn't you get an errormessage when trying this?

Or have you installed the SP1 for AutoCAD Map3D (as the current SP for AutoCAD is known as SP1.1?

Does the problem only appear with that single file? If so: open it with 2012, save it as DWG and open the DWG then in 2013.

>> Exception in command ARX covsrvechelle19.arx

So you have such a file on the system? Because I don't have that file. And that makes me guessing you have installed apps or applications on top of AutoCAD ==> which one? Also try to start Map3D with a profile that does not load these apps/applications?

Goos luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
fantonio
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

hi alfred,

thank you for your response.

As for the service pack, I actually installed SP1 for AutoCAD Map3D:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20567715&linkID=9240858

>>Does the problem only appear with that single file? If so: open it with 2012, save it as DWG and open the DWG then in 2013.<< I will confirm with the users.

As for the ARX covsrvechelle19.arx file, our users are using AutoCADMap2013 with Covadisv13. We previously had Map3D2012 and Covadisv12

I will confirm with the users to use AutoCADMap3D without Covadis.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: fantonio

@efyuze wrote:

As for the ARX covsrvechelle19.arx file, our users are using AutoCADMap2013 with Covadisv13. We previously had Map3D2012 and Covadisv12

I will confirm with the users to use AutoCADMap3D without Covadis.

Thanks

Make sure the Covadis is the current version and all updates/patches are installed. My French isn't that great but it looks like there is an patch/SP for it out there.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost