AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESRI geodatabase format .gdb

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
TimSR
4740 Views, 22 Replies

ESRI geodatabase format .gdb

I was asking about this on the Infrastructure Design Suite group, but thought someone here might have an answer. Our county GIS department has started giving us data in ESRI geodatabase format. They are directories of files and the directory has a .gdb in the name. I am using AutoCadMap 2013. I was asking about how to convert these files.

In AutoCadMap 2011 the subscription advantage pack had the ability to do this through the FDO I believe. In 2013 it is not there. Why not?

It seems to me that the things AutoDesk includes in the SAP in one version should be included in the next version.

Is there an easy way to do this? I mean easy like click the file, then click the format you want it in. Or, even better, click the file and it opens. Not easy like landing a Mars orbiter. Anything that requires programming language, switches, etc. is not what I mean! LOL

Thanks!

Tim

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
Gary_Braun
in reply to: NateMoore

Since I have an early release without the ArcGIS provider, how do I now get hold of it?
Message 22 of 23

The best tool I've seen to connect to mdb/gdb files for now is the opensource project QGIS. You should give a shot here, everything is explained on how to install and open such databases with QGIS, very easy. From there you can export to any "more convenient" format you like:

http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/26285/how-to-get-gdb-esri-file-geodatabase-support-in-quantum...

Regards!

Message 23 of 23
antoniovinci
in reply to: poulet1212

poulet1212 wrote:

The best tool I've seen to connect to mdb/gdb files for now is the opensource project QGIS

Already mentioned, sir, but no luck: read here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost