AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESC Key and other issues

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ArmyVet717
424 Views, 2 Replies

ESC Key and other issues

AutoCAD Map 3D 2011 -

1) Installed the "hotfix" for the ESC key, but it still has issues canceling a command.

2) When selecting multiple objects, holding "shift" to unselect does not work at all. I have to escape or zoom extents to stop the commands.

3) Constant freezing when zooming in or out

I have swapped keyboards, and nothing works. Also happened on another machine prior to installing it on mine.

Totally at a loss of what to try next. All updates have been applied.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

>> Installed the "hotfix" for the ESC key, but it still has issues canceling a command.

There was an issue with Photoshop (Elements?) I think. Could it be you have it opened parallel to AutoCAD?

Are there specific objects selected when <ESC> don't work? E.g. happens only when FDO-objects are selected?

>> holding "shift" to unselect does not work at all

How is the sysvar PICKADD (>>>details<<<) set?

>> Constant freezing when zooming in or out

Have you FDO-objects active? Can you look to the taskmanager for processor power and memory consumption at this stage (AutoCAD is freezing)?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3

>> Installed the "hotfix" for the ESC key, but it still has issues canceling a command.

There was an issue with Photoshop (Elements?) I think. Could it be you have it opened parallel to AutoCAD?

Are there specific objects selected when <ESC> don't work? E.g. happens only when FDO-objects are selected?

We do not run Photoshop. Does not matter what objects are selected.

>> holding "shift" to unselect does not work at all

How is the sysvar PICKADD (>>>details<<<) set?

SYSVAR???

>> Constant freezing when zooming in or out

Have you FDO-objects active? Can you look to the taskmanager for processor power and memory consumption at this stage (AutoCAD is freezing)?

FDO??

It is freezing when zooming in or out majority of the time.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost