AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors when Updating AutoCAD

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
389 Views, 7 Replies

Errors when Updating AutoCAD

This morning I update my AutoCAD Software with the Autodesk Application Manager v4.066.0. (Map 3D 2015, Windows 7, 64 bit.). So far I have noticed (2) Errors. 

(1) I can not open 2 AutoCAD Maps at the same time. I work on different projects and I like to have (2) seperate AutoCAD open. Sometimes I am comparing (2) projects and have multiple AuotCAD's open on my multiscreen display.

(2) The Publish Command does not work. I go through all the steps and even tell it where to save the PDF, and it gives me an error. Nothing prints.

Any suggestions. Everything worked great until this update. Is there a way I can go back to a different update?

Attached is the Error Report I am receiving.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

you have not attached any error message, and as we don't sit in front of your computer, we don't see what happens exactly when you start the second instance of Map 3D, we also don't see the error message you get when publishing.

Hard, to say anything without any info! 😉

Just as info: I also got the update of Application Manager, I can start two instances of Map 3D 2015, I also was able to run _PUBLISH without issues.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

See attached JPEG

Message 4 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

this screenshot (a tiff, not a jpeg) shows the error report user interface, but not the exception or whatever happend.

And when do you get the dialog for sending the error report details? When you start a second Map 3D instance or when you try to publish?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

When trying to open the Second CAD. I get the following:

AutoCAD Error-abort

Error handler re-entered. Exiting now.  (This is in one window)

AutoCAD Application has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. (This is one window)

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Message 6 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

how do you start Map 3D?

• by double clicking a DWG file?
  • by starting a desktop-icon of Map 3D
  • by starting a Windows start-menu icon of Map 3D
  • by starting a desktop-icon of Map 3D with right-click and use option "start as administrator"?

At least .. can you try option 4 if not tried yet?

And can you try the same with a new Windows user account on your system?

Have you installed any apps/tools/plugins on top of Map 3D?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 8
braudpat

Hello

When you ask for SP (which are installed) with the keyborad command :  ABOUT <Enter>

Do you see SP 3 on the upper left (second line) ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: braudpat

We had a similar thing happen yesterday. When updating with the application manager we could no longer use any Autodesk software. We even had 3 workstations that were unable to reboot. We finally started a couple in safe mode and used the system restore on the workstation to a point prior to the update. This worked on all the effected workstations. Now today I have more messages from the Autodesk Application manager for updates. I am afraid to update and see what happens........

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost