AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
Lyonstp
Message 1 of 4 (119 Views)

Errors when querying a drawing

119 Views, 3 Replies
07-19-2012 06:28 AM

I'm trying to change the coord system on a drawing. I've gone through the steps properly but when I try to query the drawing content (query all) i get the following "message": "some entities from (drawing name) can't be queried"

these "entities" appear to be most all of the drawing content less a few polylines. Is there any way to fix this?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (120 Views)

Re: Errors when querying a drawing

07-19-2012 06:33 AM in reply to: Lyonstp

Hi,

>> Is there any way to fix this

Not all entities can be queried with this functionality, at least only plane AutoCAD-geomtry can be transfered.

Not allowed are all geometry-types from any vertical products like ACA, MEP, Civil3D, .... and also objects referenced by FDO with Map3D.

It now depends on the projection-modifications that are done between your source and your destination coordinate-system. If you have the chance to use command _ALIGN to move/rotate/scale your "invalid" objects then you can use this command.

The other option is not really an option: explode all objects that are not querable back to plane AutoCAD geometry.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Active Contributor
Lyonstp
Message 3 of 4 (117 Views)

07-19-2012 06:50 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

hmm, i may have to resort to exploding the C3D objects then. Is there another way to go about changing the coord system on a C3D drawing, one that has C3D objects in it?

Basically i have a C3D drawing that was done in a local coord system (one thats recognized by C3D) and I need to convert it to a state plane coord system. the tutorial says to go about it by creating a drawing in the new (state plane) coord system, attaching the original drawing and then running a query on the original attached drawing. it was going smoothly until i ran into the problem of not being able to query most of the objects in the drawing.

Not really sure where to go from here

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 4 (115 Views)

07-19-2012 07:14 AM in reply to: Lyonstp

Hi,

>> Is there another way to go about changing the coord system on a C3D drawing

You may try to use the LandXmlExport and -import functions to export your current data and import it into a new drawing with another coord-sys (never tried that).

And yes, Civil3D-drawings do have their coord-sys-setting, look e.g. into dialog for the drawing-settings (>>>details<<<)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.