AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error connecting a mdb file

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
MKH-VB
873 Views, 6 Replies

error connecting a mdb file

I have an older water line project that was connected to the file water.mdb.  I am trying to connect the dwg to the mdb and am getting an error.  I have enclosed a screen shot of the error.  FYI i am using 2011 Civil 3d, and the dwg was originlly done in Autocad Map. (2005 I think)  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am just using drag/drop to attach this dbase.

mkh
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: MKH-VB

Hi,

are you now on 64bit Windows? If so you will have to install the 64bit ODBC-driver for MDB (check >>>here<<<, but be careful with your existing MS-Office-installation!).

Or convert your MDB to any other 64bit-compatible database like MS-SQL-Server and get then connected to that.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
antoniovinci

Instead of FDO, what about connecting the .MDB file by means of _MAPATTACHDB command..?

Message 4 of 7
Murph_Map
in reply to: antoniovinci

@antoniovinci wrote:

Instead of FDO, what about connecting the .MDB file by means of _MAPATTACHDB command..?

Agree, if the dwg was from 2005 version then that's how it was connected to it then.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 7
MKH-VB
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

What software would I use to convert MDB to SQL? Mike Henson CAD Manager Hawkins-Weir Engineers, Inc.
mkh
Message 6 of 7

Hi,

>> Instead of FDO, what about connecting the .MDB file by means of _MAPATTACHDB command..?

Does not work either in 64bit without the 64bit-driver ;(

>> What software would I use to convert MDB to SQL?

If you install the SQL-Server (with all tools) then you have also "SQL Server-Import/Export Assisten" installed (or you can it install afterwards), check >>>this link<<<.

But there are also a lot of tools around data-exchange between different db-servers!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 7
phil_borycens

Hello. Assuming that you are running Windows 7 64-bit...

Windows 7 64-bit doesn't handle ODBC the way it used to, so you can't drag & drop Access or Excel files into Map Explorer like you used to on 32-bit.

Please see the following links for instruction on how to do this on 64-bit:

http://gisexchange.typepad.com/blog/2010/08/odbc-on-x64-operating-systems.html

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS18307898

Phil Borycens

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost