AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable jobs

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Gabriel_C
520 Views, 4 Replies

Enable jobs

Hello all, I am using Map 3D 2012 Enterprise with a connection to Oracle 11g. Right now I am trying to job-enable my industry models, but the Job Administrator doesn't show up in Infrastructure Administrator. Industry Model Setting list only General, Modules, Units and Spatial Tab. Job system tables exist. Do i need to make additional Oracle setups (create workspace or version-enable the tables) before I can enable jobs? Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
drewbb
in reply to: Gabriel_C

Hi:

The Enterprise Edition of Oracle is required for jobs.  Not sure if that's the issue.

Sincerely,
Drew Burgasser, P.E.
CAD Masters, Inc.
www.cadmasters.com
Message 3 of 5
Gabriel_C
in reply to: drewbb

Hi, I'm running an Oracle Standard Edition, but i have workspace manager (can activate versioning, create multiple workspaces, save points etc.). Now I'm checking if I need special roles on MDSYS or MAPSYS. Thank you for the reply!
Message 4 of 5
hence_the_name
in reply to: Gabriel_C

Hi,

Jobs in Map are based on Oracle's "Virtual Private Database", they are not related to Oracle workspaces. VPD requires EE.

Map / Topobase help:

Based on the Oracle® database, Autodesk delivers a long transaction and versioning framework that meets the specifics of the cadastral applications, Topobase Jobs.Topobase Jobs are based on Oracle's VPD (Virtual Private Database) technology. This makes it possible to have multiple states for an object in the database, such as live, pending, and open.

The plain FDO Oracle provider in Map can process Oracle workspaces - but the industry model provider is different.

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 5 of 5
Gabriel_C
in reply to: hence_the_name

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I'm already working on upgrading my Oracle license to Enterprise.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost