AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Contributor
Gabriel_C
Message 1 of 5 (209 Views)
Accepted Solution

Enable jobs

209 Views, 4 Replies
12-09-2013 02:17 PM
Hello all, I am using Map 3D 2012 Enterprise with a connection to Oracle 11g. Right now I am trying to job-enable my industry models, but the Job Administrator doesn't show up in Infrastructure Administrator. Industry Model Setting list only General, Modules, Units and Spatial Tab. Job system tables exist. Do i need to make additional Oracle setups (create workspace or version-enable the tables) before I can enable jobs? Thank you!

Hi:

The Enterprise Edition of Oracle is required for jobs.  Not sure if that's the issue.

Contributor
drewbb
Message 2 of 5 (197 Views)

Re: Enable jobs

12-09-2013 03:53 PM in reply to: Gabriel_C

Hi:

The Enterprise Edition of Oracle is required for jobs.  Not sure if that's the issue.

Sincerely,
Drew Burgasser, P.E.
CAD Masters, Inc.
www.cadmasters.com
Contributor
Gabriel_C
Message 3 of 5 (190 Views)

12-09-2013 04:01 PM in reply to: drewbb
Hi, I'm running an Oracle Standard Edition, but i have workspace manager (can activate versioning, create multiple workspaces, save points etc.). Now I'm checking if I need special roles on MDSYS or MAPSYS. Thank you for the reply!
Mentor
Robert_Fritz
Message 4 of 5 (159 Views)

12-10-2013 01:51 AM in reply to: Gabriel_C

Hi,

Jobs in Map are based on Oracle's "Virtual Private Database", they are not related to Oracle workspaces. VPD requires EE.

Map / Topobase help:

Based on the Oracle® database, Autodesk delivers a long transaction and versioning framework that meets the specifics of the cadastral applications, Topobase Jobs.Topobase Jobs are based on Oracle's VPD (Virtual Private Database) technology. This makes it possible to have multiple states for an object in the database, such as live, pending, and open.

The plain FDO Oracle provider in Map can process Oracle workspaces - but the industry model provider is different.

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Contributor
Gabriel_C
Message 5 of 5 (154 Views)

12-10-2013 02:03 AM in reply to: Robert_Fritz

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I'm already working on upgrading my Oracle license to Enterprise.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.