AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edit shapefile in map?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
MKH-VB
2284 Views, 7 Replies

edit shapefile in map?

quick question about editing:

I have a shape file representing sewer lines between manholes.  I need to assign an attribute to the line with "upstream invert" and "downstream invert" in my table.  Can I edit the shapefile in map?  I know I can edit in arcmap, but i am much more comfortable editing in acad.  Then I could use arcmap to view my shapefile.  Any help would be greatly appreciate.

mkh
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: MKH-VB

Hi,

>> I need to assign an attribute to the line with "upstream invert" and "downstream invert"

>> in my table.  Can I edit the shapefile in map?

Yes and no, you can not add a field to the table of a SHP if the SHP contains already data. If you need that you have to do some steps like import SHP, edit object data and add those 2 fields, export the data to a new SHP and then connect it with FDO; or convert it to SDF, or ...

If these 2 fields already exist in the SHP-structure, then YES, just drag and drop the SHP into your drawing and either select the entity and look to the property window (<CTRL> <1>), you see the fields there ready to edit it's values ... or you can show the attributive data as table (to show the table use command _MAPDATATABLE. again now: select a geometry object and Map3D selects the record to that object in the grid.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
fieldguy

MKH-VB - I sent you a private msg.  I am working on a similar project and would like to discuss this issue with you.  If you have not used the private msg fgeature, click the little envelope beside your username near the top of the page.

Message 4 of 8
parkr4st

Are the lines 3D or are the line available with xyz data for each end?

Dave

Message 5 of 8
MKH-VB
in reply to: parkr4st

not a 3d line. Just populating a table with end of pipe elevations. (upstream and downstream inverts)

MKH
mkh
Message 6 of 8
jatrucco

I am working with autocadmap 2014 and I imported shapefile with FDO OSGEO data connection.

Can I delete or move an element (polyline) of this shapefile working from autocadmap?

Thanks

Message 7 of 8
Murph_Map
in reply to: jatrucco

Yes, you need to check out the feature erase it then check in all. You might want to read the help on autocheck in/out of festures to understand it.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 8 of 8
snoyola2
in reply to: Murph_Map

I know that this post has been posted for a long time, without reaching a result, I hope this tip will help users who have the same question at this time.

Regards

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzw19JijQvI&feature=share

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost