AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Annotation Text

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
rsniff
6271 Views, 18 Replies

Edit Annotation Text

I am trying to define an annotation template.  When in the Block Editor tab, I do not have an "Annotation panel" or the "Edit Annotation Text " button.  When I try to have help find the Edit Annotation Text button, it tells me "This command is not available on the ribbon".  It used to be there, where did it go and how do I get it back?

I have right clicked on the panels and looked under "show panels" and it is not listed.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Murph_Map
in reply to: rsniff

It was left out of te ribbon in 2015 version. If you know how to edit the cui and add buttons or tabs you can add it back in. If you search on the Autocad "vanilla" on editing the CUI it should bring up a few threads to help you. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 19
rsniff
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thanks for the reply Murph.  I will try to figure out how to edit the CUI.  I have found the file in the CUI under “customization in all files” Ribbon< Panels <Annotate – Block but haven't figure out what to do from there.

I love how a $6,000 program comes with innacurate help files that have not been updated from the previous release. 

Message 4 of 19
phil_borycens

Hi Randall,

Thank you for your post!

My colleague Alfred wanted to share the following with you as a solution:

>> I am trying to define an annotation template. When in the Block Editor tab, I do not have an "Annotation panel" or the "Edit Annotation Text" button

As your case in forums.autodesk.com was forwarded to our support team let me answer your question directly:

We already got the info about the missing button in the block editor and we are sorry that this was not found prior to product release. It is already documented and forwarded to the development.

Please find the attached a Screencast Video that shows how you can modify your menu to get the button back.

Please let me know if that was helpful and you got your buttons/icons back or if you have further questions to this!

Phil Borycens
Message 5 of 19
rsniff
in reply to: phil_borycens

Written instructions per attached video above.

1. On the command line, type cui Enter
  2. In the “Customizations in All Files” panel expand “Ribbon<Tabs<Block Editor Contextual Tab”
  3. Scroll down to the end of the “Tabs” Section
  4. Expand the “Panels” section
  5. Scroll down to “Annotate – Block”
  6. Left click on “Annotate – Block” and drag up into the “Tabs” section and drop in between “Block Editor – Action Parameters” and “Block Editor – Visibility”(the section you expanded in step 2)
  7. Click “Apply” and “OK”
Message 6 of 19
Murph_Map

phil_borycens wrote:

Please find the attached a Screencast Video that shows how you can modify your menu to get the button back.

Please let me know if that was helpful and you got your buttons/icons back or if you have further questions to this!

Phil, what apps play that video?   *.webm 

Murph
Message 7 of 19
rsniff
in reply to: Murph_Map

Download the file then drag and drop it into the address bar of your web browser. I used firefox and it worked fine.

Message 8 of 19
Murph_Map

@rsniff wrote:

Download the file then drag and drop it into the address bar of your web browser. I used firefox and it worked fine.

Worked in Chome that way too. Thanks

Murph
Message 9 of 19
tcorey

Hey Phil,

Since this was found prior to product release 2016, but still not fixed, perhaps you can't jingle the chain of your colleagues who are responsible for this and ask them nicely, for me and our friends here in the AutoCAD Map user communtiy, to please include this in a service pack.

It's easy enough to make the CUI changes, but I support hundreds of users. Some of them have no business anywhere near the CUI. 😉

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 10 of 19
drenaud

Still missing in Map3D 2018.

Message 11 of 19
robert.s.riley
in reply to: drenaud

Command:

MAPANNTEXT

Message 12 of 19

Hi, 

I want to share this video (spanish language, sorry)

Simon Noyola RiveroApplication EngineerDown to Earth Technologies, Inc.
Autodesk Authorized Consultant
Subject Matter Expert Civil&Map 
Civil 3D Country kit  developmentAutodesk Certified Instructor
para: Mexico, Central America, Caribbean & Venezuela
https://www.youtube.com/user/snoyolar

Message 13 of 19
Message 14 of 19
Pointdump
in reply to: drenaud

Still missing in 2022. And the link to the video by @phil_borycens doesn't work anymore. I fumbled around in the CUI but couldn't find it. I remember when I did this back in 2018 it was very hard to do. Wish I could remember what I did.
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 15 of 19
braudpat
in reply to: Pointdump

Hello

YES the button / Icon MAPANNTEXT is missing since MANY versions !

But into the "ACAD.PGP" file for example :  MN ,  *MAPANNTEXT

The Health, Bye, Patrice

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 16 of 19
Pointdump
in reply to: braudpat

Hi Pat,
I've never been a keyboard kind of guy. I like the ribbon, because I don't have a memory.
Finally re-did this in 2022 with @simon.noyola 's excellent video. With just one caveat. I had to start in "Partial Customization Files". Then everything worked as he showed.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 17 of 19
braudpat

Hi Dave

YES but I am using ACAD since R1.4 (end of 1984) so the keyboard is INTO my mind / head / brain / etc !

The Health, Bye, Patrice

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 18 of 19
snoyolar_ddscad
in reply to: Pointdump

Hi Dave,

Thank so Much!,

this video work fine in 2022 too

AUTODESK C3D MAP 3D 2021 & 2022 GIS EDIT ANNOTATION TEXT MISSING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TANg65TzVw4

best regards!
Simon

Message 19 of 19
Pointdump
in reply to: snoyolar_ddscad

Thank you Simón. Good video!
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost