AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF Publish Problem in Map 2013 and 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
bengt.svanstrom
713 Views, 6 Replies

DWF Publish Problem in Map 2013 and 2014

My drawing of district heating, and attached object data and external database (MDB) works fine to publish to DWF in Map 2011.

When i try to publish in Map 2013 or 2014, it takes a lightyear and all the data both object and external is missing in the DWF.

Is there any other who has this prolem

The Map versions are all on the same computer, and all 64 bit.. operating system Win 7 64 bit MS access driver 64 bit

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

In Map 2011 it takes about 10 minutes to publish the DWF with one external referens.

In Map 2014 it takes about 3 hours to publish the same drawing with the external referens binded.

In Map 2014 it is impossible to publish the DWF with an external referens. (2014 Locks up, Hangs)

Filesize of drawing: 4.3 mb       external referens: 8.5 mb

Message 3 of 7

Hi,

have you tried to use _PLOT instead of _PUBLISH?

Have you ever tried to use SQLite or any database else (that is supported) instead of MDB (and so preventing usage of ODBC)?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 7

Thank you for the reply.

As far as I know Plot is not an alternative.

The possebility of select Map options in _plot is absent.

see Attached image   

Message 5 of 7

Hi,

>> The possebility of select Map options in _plot is absent

yep, that is correct.

To your screenshot: can you try to publish to something more close to plot areas (so smaller than 7000x8000mm)? If you like or need to plot that size then reduce the accuracy in the DWF-options to 150 or 200dpi (or less if possible). I guess if anyone is looking to a 7000x8000mm poster he/she would not see it with a distance less than 10m, so the resolution of the DWF can be reduced dramatically (saving a lot of memory and processor power then).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 6 of 7

Hi

My drawing contains a map over a small city size 9,5 km..  43 000 000 square meter 

The DWF I want is for viewing only !

I have now tested your  suggestion, drawingsize A0 and 150 dpi

And the result is: 3 hours to print the DWF (no change in time AcMap 2014)

The quality of the DWF is very poor !!

I attach two screenshots, one 3 hours 150dpi and one 3 hours 1200dpi, so you can see the difference in quality of the blue lines and the magenta blocks (ignore the black lines)

This is not an answer why it takes 10 minutes to print a 1200dpi DWF with AcMap 2011 and 3 hours to print the same drawing with AcMap 2014.

/Bengt

Message 7 of 7

Hi,

>> And the result is: 3 hours to print the DWF

Uuuhhhhh, that's really not a solution then. Do you see that time differences for new/other projects also?

Sorry that I'm currently very limited in time (and so not time to do testing), but what you can try:

- what timing do you have when you publish to PDF?

- what timing do you have when you don't include the Map-info to the DWF?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost