AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRAWING WITH GOOGLE MAPS

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
AndreahAllred
1199 Views, 3 Replies

DRAWING WITH GOOGLE MAPS

I AM TRYING TO KNOW WHAT COORDINATE I NEED TO USE FOR DRAWING OVER GOOGLE MAPS IN AUTO CAD. I MOSTLY NEED IT FOR SALT LAKE COUNTY AND UTAH COUNTY. HOW DO I DETERMINE THIS?

THANK YOU 

ANDREAH ALLRED

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
foxeec
in reply to: AndreahAllred

if it were me, i'd assign the drawing to whichever coordinate system you would normally use.  If you're using state plane coordinates, the code ut83-cf is going to be the right one for Salt Lake and Utah County, Utah.  the google/bing aerial data is all going to be in the pseudo.mercator coordinate system, but will transform when you bring it in to line up with your .dwg coordinate system.  Make sense?

Which version of Map are you using?

Lorrie

Message 3 of 4

Some of it makes sense. I am new to using autocad and it really would be helpful to me to go step by step on how to set everything up. I know on google map that I can save the image and xrefrence it in as an image but then i dont know how to scale it correctly. Also i don't know how to gray scale it so that it isn't as dark for the backgrond. Well the image is not so dark. Becuase then the drawing over the image you can see better.

🙂 

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
antoniovinci
in reply to: foxeec

foxeec wrote:

will transform when you bring it in to line up with your .dwg coordinate system

Well, I'd not trust the on-the-fly transformation from Google Mercator, sir.

If available in Map, I'd set the main CRS as EPSG:3857, then I'd draw directly on the online imagery, with no need for any conversion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost