AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing file History

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
geokh
2733 Views, 8 Replies

Drawing file History

Autodesk 3D map closed in a worng way ,,and the next time i opend it had a proplem with filedia...i fixed it ,but now i cant see my drawing history ...what should i do to fix this ....any help?

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: geokh

Hi,

what is a "drawing history"? If the UNDO-buffer is meant, then no, it always starts at 0 when you open a drawing. If it's anything else, then what?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9
geokh

Sorry i meant the recently opened file, when i shut down the pc and the next day i opeened it ...i cant see the last opend files

Message 4 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

oh, I understand now, thanx 😉

But sorry to say when AutoCAD crashed while closing (so the closing process could not be finished in a normal way) AutoCAD had no chance to write some registry-content of the current session. So if you lost the history-list you won't get it back without doing a restore of your backup that also restores your registry content (if it's worth to do that?).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 9
geokh

Ohh... there is no else way..u know in the same day ,,when i open files they apper ...but only when i shut down the pc and open it again

Message 6 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> but only when i shut down the pc and open it again

Ask your admin, if you have server-based Windows-profiles. If you have them he should look if something is not backed up when you log-out (or restored when you login). There are also some directories in your Windows-user-folder that have links to your history-files, maybe that is a chance.

What's about the history filelist for MS-Word, MS-Excel, ... other applications?

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 9
geokh
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I can see the recent oppend file for the microsoft applications ya...just for autodesk.....when the unsuccessful shutdown happen

Message 8 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> when the unsuccessful shutdown happen

So do I understand that correctly?

• When Map3D crashes and you restart it without shutdown your pc the file-history is OK
  • When Map3D crashes and you restart the pc the file-history is lost

...is that right?

If so I would restart Map3D after it crashed before shutting down your pc.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 9
geokh
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

kk lets start from the beginning :

here is the story:

I was in a harry and shut down my pc quickly ,the Autodesk was opened and gave me error...

The next day when i opened Autodesk ,,,and try to open the file dialog .the file directory didn't appear ,i look through the internet found 3 things to change them form 0 to 1.  1) the filedia...was 0 and restore it value to 1,and to more commands .can't  find what they are file dialog worked fine and i could open and save filed correctly, and checked the recent opened file couldn't find my files . i thought because it crashes .

so what do u think?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost