AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw Order with Display Maps

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Baz_man1
332 Views, 1 Reply

Draw Order with Display Maps

We have a project where we have a combination of CAD data and shapefiles (connected) with various labels in both formats.

They are in the proper order for both 'Groups' and 'Draw Order' in the 'Display Manager'.

We have two separate viewports, createed and named using 'Display Maps' with the applaicble layers turned to visible as each viewport requires (some common shapefiles need to be display, some different, some different CAD data also). When we do a regen within one viewport the other non-active viewport immediately loses its draw order (CAD objects appear above the shapefile data). If we switch viewports and Regen then the first viewport will lose its draworder.

Anyone have any fixes or things to try?

Could this be a case for Autodesk Subscription and the developer's to resolve?

FYI, we are running Autocad Civil 2013.

Thanks,

Barry

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Murph_Map
in reply to: Baz_man1

Data Connect and multiple  viewports displays have never played nice together. I have voiced my opinion to Autodesk many times over the years and still not happy.

My suggestion is export the maps to Autodesk DWG format then use those to create your layouts and viewports.  

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost