AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw Order malfunction

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
davidsona
494 Views, 5 Replies

Draw Order malfunction

This is very frustrating. On several occasions I've used this function because somehow toggling between the layout and the model spaces some of the line work has been pushed to the back or some of the aerial photography I'm using is brought forward.

So I try to use the Draw Order function to bring the that linework forward or on top and the random aerial photography to the back.

This sometimes causes items I've not selected to drop to the back or front. Even when I then try to redraw or regenerate the drawing it makes it worse.

HELP!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: davidsona

What type of objects are you using? AutoCAD drawing
objects or data connect features? What draw order are you using? Display manager
or AutoCAD's draw order.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
This
is very frustrating. On several occasions I've used this function because
somehow toggling between the layout and the model spaces some of the line work
has been pushed to the back or some of the aerial photography I'm using is
brought forward. So I try to use the Draw Order function to bring the that
linework forward or on top and the random aerial photography to the back. This
sometimes causes items I've not selected to drop to the back or front. Even
when I then try to redraw or regenerate the drawing it makes it worse.
HELP!
Message 3 of 6
davidsona

It's very basic items:
Lines; PLines; single line text; and inserted JPGs.

even when I toggle frames this problem persists.
Message 4 of 6
matTech

This has never worked right. Best advice I can give is always do a "regen" before moving layers around. Don't use bring to front because it doesn't work and you are wasting your time. Send to back works fine so find the order you want your layers to be in send to back in the opposite order. I wish they would set up their object layers like the feature layers.
Message 5 of 6
NanCACS

I have the same problem, been having it for years and no
one seems to have a clue how to fix it.
Did you have any luck?
Message 6 of 6
kcasperson

I would really like to see this topic revived, I'm having the exact same problem. I have an aerial image which I imported using mapiimport, a few database layers, and have been drawing revision clouds over the drawing to indicate work zones. I've been fighting with the draw order this whole time but for some reason I now can't get the revision clouds to show over the aerial at all. I send the picture to back, it looks fine, then I switch back to paper space and the raster image ends up right on the front again, so I have no way to properly print the document. 

I'm nearing my wits end with this, anyone have any kind of solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost