AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draping tiff over 3d surface

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
357 Views, 1 Reply

Draping tiff over 3d surface

Hey,

I have looked through internet and there is plenty of information about draping, but i still cant seem to make it work. Basically i have a shape file and a TIFF file (tiff file is larger than the shape file, if that makes any difference). What i do, is that first of all i connect the .shp file extension. Then i create 3d surface from the shape file points, using "contour" Z values. 3D surface is created. Then i connect tiff file to drawing. As much as i searched, when i then switch to 3d view, it should pretty much drape the tiff file on surface. But for some reason, it doesent. Is there maybe any extra command to force tiff onto 3d surface or is there maybe something i am missing here?

Thanks in advance.

Henri

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

my first look will go to

• the visual style ==> should be realistic
  • your graphic card + settings of hardware acceleration ==> what gc do you have + have you enabled or disabled the hw-acceleration?
  • the (map) drawing order ==> the tiff must be placed within the Map3D-workspace above the shp-layer (looking to the draworder-page)

Then I would see a lot of chances to misunderstand the way from SHP to surface. So click onto the "surface" and look in the property-window: what type of object is this geometry?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost