AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double FDO style

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ABielecki
509 Views, 5 Replies

Double FDO style

Hi,

I have some problem with double styles in some files which are connected by FDO.

I want to make two special rules for every area. For example:

I have in table two different kolumns (atributies) - function and density. I want to have visible solid fulfilment in different colors with function and hatched this some areas with density eighter. Bouth styles should be visible in the same time. Is it posiible in AutoCAD Map?

GIS
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
maherich
in reply to: ABielecki

Hi,

there are 2 possibilities:

1. prepare special style for all the combinations of function and density. Each style will consist of at least fills solid and hatch.

2. add the FDO layer twice into display model. stzle each layer according to one of the attributes. set the proper order of display so that hatch come over the solid.

Martin

Message 3 of 6
ABielecki
in reply to: maherich

Good Idea!

This was my aim:)

Thanks

GIS
Message 4 of 6
parkr4st

another option if you can theme related to the combo of the two fields is to concatenate them with a calculation and theme on the calculation field.  You add two fills top one for hatch lower one is solid to add variation to the theming

Dave

Message 5 of 6
ABielecki
in reply to: parkr4st

I'm not sure that you're right. When I make two themes, than the higher one is more important than the lower one and solid styl isn't visible at all (it seems like hatching isn't transparent). I thnk that two themes are preclusive and the higher are current and the lower isn't active at all.

Am I right?

Previous answer is good for my needs.

GIS
Message 6 of 6
parkr4st

I agree that in your case the two layers presents the informaton the best.  Making sure the legend explains the theming well is always a challenge to me.

concat usage   I've attached a sample.  Uses ME83-WF CS.

good luck with your project

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost