AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOTS hatch problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
hf23
268 Views, 1 Reply

DOTS hatch problem

Hi,

I haven't been able to get the DOTS hatch pattern to work with lineweight settings. I've set the linetype scale to 300 and moved the hatch to its own layer, then set lineweight to .6mm - these settings work when I send the file to another CAD tech that we outsource to sometimes when I am too busy, but don't work on my system. Doesn't respond to .stb or .ctb lineweight settings either. What we are looking for is a pattern of the dots to plot larger, almost like filled circles - our outsourced CAD tech says it works on his Autocad 2006 system, and plots the same file with the same settings, and he gets the larger dots pattern that I cannot.

I've tried all settings in our previous LT 2005, and our current Map 3D 2007 and doesn't work in either. Like I said, same file, same system and layer settings work fine for another tech outside this office, just not here. We are plotting to HP DesignJet 500 HPGL/2 - updated the driver and no go.

Does anyone have an idea what to do to fix this? Also experience this with the DOT2 linetype in addition to the DOTS hatch. Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hf23
in reply to: hf23

Had to switch to the GUI updated driver for the plotter, then changed the hatch pattern name in the Properties dialog box to DOTS. Apparently, creating the fill using the hatch button command gives the hatch the name DOTS,_O - I'm assuming the O is for "Other" in Predefined Other. Not sure why it is two different pattern names for the same pattern, only different areas on formatting it. Something else to check into...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost