AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Parcel Object Data as a table in the drawing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
stacy.dunn
528 Views, 5 Replies

Displaying Parcel Object Data as a table in the drawing

I have a drawing created from importing shp files.  The polylines have object data attached.  I would like to put this data into a table to display it in the drawing.

Is there a way of doing this?  Do I need to export the OD to an external database and then link that to a table?

thanks

Stacy

Stacy Dunn
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
antoniovinci
in reply to: stacy.dunn

I fear you cannot directly, sir.

But, if you open up the .DBF file of the shapeset into a spreadsheet (e.g. the free Libreoffice) you could copy the whole table and paste it in Autocad as OLE object.

Message 3 of 6
parkr4st
in reply to: antoniovinci

command  DATAEXTRACTION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glziAlsuAX8

dave

Message 4 of 6
stacy.dunn
in reply to: parkr4st

Dave,

Where in the Dataextraction wizard, do you find GIS object data that is attached to an entitiy?  I am only able to locate attribute and object properties.

Stacy Dunn
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

save your drawing with the object data and close it. Create a new drawing, use command _ADEDRAWINGS to attach the object-data-drawing, use command _ADEQUERY to query data from the source drawing and use option "Report" to create a listed output. You have now an ascii-file with the object data content ... what ever you like to do now with that 😉

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 6
parkr4st
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I'll stand corrected on that one.  Even though the help file directions clearly state "object data". 😞  @AD Time for someone to rewrite the directions in help?

or better yet make the routine so it will take the object data to a table.  wish list item?

my bad. please foregive.

dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost