AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Order? - CAD Features Gone

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Openwheeler
499 Views, 5 Replies

Display Order? - CAD Features Gone

I need some "Expert Elite" help here...my file (MAP) is in some sort of display order thing maybe, it's making all of my drawn polylines and text not display. Tried it a few times to make sure...when I save file, get out, get back in file, all features are gone.

Any suggestions?

Map Data works great with Aerials and this Legend Command from Ribbon, ran audit, -purge, recovery on it...they still disappear.

Running it with Civil 3D 2014 Imperial...Map funstions from MAPWSPACE, data connect.

Thanks!

Openwheeler

"If you don’t build your dream someone will hire you to help build theirs."
-Tony Gaskins
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Openwheeler
in reply to: Openwheeler

Don't both to answer...stupid me had Map Base down at bottom and unchecked. Mystery solved!

😛

Thanks anyway
Openwheeler

-Tony Gaskins
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

well, there are a lot of settings possible why something does not show up:

Verify first, that you have turned on all (CAD) layers and have them not frozen (sometimes I saw layer 0 off and the mapobjects where invisible)

Have you checked the (GIS)-layer in the task pane of Map 3D, so it not switched off?

Have you assigned any filters to the gis-data, so maybe you have filtered away everything you now estimate to have visible?

It might be possible that some stylization exists (or thematic rules in it) that makes displaying the objects impossible.

It might also be possible that you have switched the (gis)-layers off in the taskpane

It might be that some data are very far away from the other, so ZOOM EXTENTS makes such a big view that the objects are to small to be visible (not more than a pixel)

2014-05-19 22-33-20.png

One option to see if there is any data from your GIS dataset is to open the datatable for a specific GIS-layer ... if you see some records in the table view then select one of them (at the leftmost column (=row header)) ... Map 3D should you zoom now to the object. If that works you can now look to the coordinates where you are now and repeat that with other datasources and compare that.

Let's know how far you went with my steps and what results you got.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

>> had Map Base down at bottom and unchecked

Great, one of the thousands of options more you found, at least good to know you got it solved.

As our posts crossed I let my post here so maybe other will find some tips here that matches to other issues.

Thx for your feedback! - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6

Agree!
Openwheeler

-Tony Gaskins
Message 6 of 6

I am having another issue...this should go within the Legend post, but have this one going with you so I'll ask you here.

Why is it that anytime I get back in my drawing, my Legend goes back to Default? I did the properties, saved my custom settings/styles/borders/cell width/etc... so I can reuse for another Legend in another drawing, the ESRI Default that I stated with keeps appearing with original data connection names and styles which makes a task every time I get in the file...it's not saving my custom changes which may make me go back to just drawing a Legend of the past, manually!

Thanks for the advise

Openwheeler

-Tony Gaskins

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost