AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Contributor
Barry_Wheeler
Message 1 of 3 (156 Views)

Display Maps - 2013

156 Views, 2 Replies
04-12-2013 06:27 AM

Hello,

I am looking for information onthe new 'Display Maps' feature within Ma/Civilp where you can turn off/on connected data (SDE/SDW, .shp, .sdf, etc.) entities or layers by viewport.

If I add data while in modelspace and then go to paperspace in a new drawing it will show in the default viewport. If I make other viewports by using creating one and then assiging it a name in the 'Task Pane' - 'Maps' icon and then assign the vieport the name in 'Map Viewport' pane - 'Display Maps' they do not cary over the connected data. However, if I go to 'Task Pane' - 'Maps' and copy the default viewport and then rename it I will have the data show.

Is this correct bahaviour for this new feature?

I have a second item that is annoying.

Once a viewport has been assigned and then you double-click in it (to activate modelspace) the name of the viewport will appear in the top right. I have instances where it appears small and others where it takes up far too much space. Is there a way to change the size of that label or maybe turn it off altogether?

Thanks,

Barry

Product Support
phil_borycens
Message 2 of 3 (105 Views)

Re: Display Maps - 2013

04-23-2013 11:41 AM in reply to: Barry_Wheeler

Hi Barry,

I know this can be confusing. Hopefully this helps to clarify:

http://screencast.com/t/TyQlvKRuO4

Thanks,

Phil

Phil Borycens
*Expert Elite*
braudpat
Message 3 of 3 (100 Views)

Re: Display Maps - 2013

04-23-2013 12:43 PM in reply to: phil_borycens

Hello

Please remind that you need a MAP 2013 to get this feature :

Different FDO Maps per MVIEW in Layouts and different visibility of FDO Layers per MVIEW ...

Bye, Pat

Bye, Pat

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.