AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting or remove a vertex from a map feature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ljohnstone
1130 Views, 2 Replies

Deleting or remove a vertex from a map feature

Hi!

Does anyone know how I can delete/remove a vertex from a map feature? I have a shapefile that I have connected to and I need to alter some of the geometry of a few of the parcels. I can move the vertices around and delete the entire feature, and check in and out with no problem... However I cannot delete or remove an unwanted vertex. I am kind of new to this...

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hence_the_name
in reply to: ljohnstone

Hi,

not sure if this is dependent on your map version. I use Map 2012 and can modify a feature similar to modifying a pline using pedit. I can insert a new vertex and delete an existing one.

As I don't have the english version - I click on the SHP feature (polygon) and open the context menu which has an option called "modifying polygon" (or something similar in english). Via this options I have further options such as "modify vertexes" which includes "insert" and "line". "Line" is for removing - have a look at AutoCAD PEDIT command. LINE option there works the same as here.

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 3 of 3
parkr4st
in reply to: hence_the_name

select the feature, grab the point you want to delete, drag and drop on an adjacent point & check in

dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost