AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dbconnect command crashes 64 bit workstation

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
torentrue
761 Views, 8 Replies

dbconnect command crashes 64 bit workstation

I have tried to load dbconnect on several 64 bit workstations usinf "dbc" and "dbconnect". In all cases AutoCAD Map 3d stops working. Generally,  the workstation just spins and you have to end the program with task manager, but I do have on Win 7 machine that crashes all the way out. There is never an AutoCAD error message or opportunity to report the issue to Autodesk.

I know dbconnect may be somewhat passé, but it is what we use. Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: torentrue

Hi,

what version of Map3D do you have, what servicepack do you have, have you tried to first create any ODBC (64bit) connections using the settings in the control-panel?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9
torentrue
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

what version of Map3D do you have, what servicepack do you have, have you tried to first create any ODBC (64bit) connections using the settings in the control-panel?

- alfred -

This occurs on Map 3d 2011 or 2012. The ODBC has already been set up.

Message 4 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

may I ask what datasource it is? To what type of data have you created an odbc connection?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 9
torentrue

This is to SQL Server and It only occurs on the 64 bit workstations. This is in multiple installations of our software (an extension of Map 3D).

Message 6 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

when you create the connection-config, in tab "Provider" did you use the SQL-Server Native Client or MS-OLEDB for SQL-Server? (...or any other one?)

Can you show the tab's where you defined the settings for the connection (well clean out any secrets, but let us see what check-boxes are set and what text-fields are filled.

For me there are both modes working, maybe the screenshots are a help for you:

2012-06-12 16-18-02.png

2012-06-12 16-20-13.png

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 9
torentrue

I have set it up on different clients differently. If Native client is available, I use that. If not I use OLE DB Provider for SQL Server. Remember, these are existing connections from existing drawings. When they go to a 64 bit platform, this occurs.

Message 8 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> When they go to a 64 bit platform

When they go to a pc that was not connected they have to create the UDL-file first, it that does not exist, it won't work.

But that may bring us closer to the source of problem, let me ask:

• the UDL-file does not exist yet
  • you have created the file as admin and gave them the file or they use this file
  • you created the UDL with the account of the users

Have you tried to use a real admin-account, plus start AutoCAD with right-click + "start as administrator"?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 9
torentrue

This happens even if the udl exists. I have replicated this on users' workstations- logged in as the user and they have the data source defined.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost