AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Extension Functions of Lisp in Map not working

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
stevennoe6694
413 Views, 5 Replies

Data Extension Functions of Lisp in Map not working

I have just upgraded from Map 2009 to 2012 4-bit and many of my lisp programs using map functions do not work.  Is there an explanation for this and is there a new "catalog" of data extension function and such available somewhere?  I am desperate.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

>> many of my lisp programs using map functions do not work

That is a quite global statement. Do you have a few detailed functions that don't work for you .... so we can try to reproduce?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for the response

I figured out one of the problems.  My dcl files (dialog boxes)  need to be in the directory of the path set in Options and not a sub-directory like my lsp routines.

I still cannot get the function ADE_DSATTACH to work though.  This will attach a drawing.  I can get my function to detach drawings to work, but not attach.  I don't know if it cannot create an ID for the drawing that needs to be attached.  Any help would be useful on this.

Thank you again.

Message 4 of 6

Hi,

at least this works for me:

(ade_dsattach "C:\\TEMP\\colorwh.dwg")

Map3D2012 SP1 German / Win7x64

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 6

This is the code in my file

(ade_dsattach "H:\\dwg\\Parcel Base\\Parcel Fabric.dwg")

I have tried other drawings with no space in the dwg name.  I have moved the drawings to the root directory c: and h:.  I have tried changing "\\" to "/".  Nothing is working.

Message 6 of 6

Hi,

have you installed SP1 already? If not ... try this!

For C: I would say critical because in most cases the root of C: my be limited for some security reasons

For H: I would check if you have created an alias that makes it possible also to access drive H

Sorry, at this point I have no other idea than the usual ones:

• try to start Map3D with another AutoCAD-profile
  • try to login with another username to your Windows and try it one more
  • do a repair-install

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost