AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashed lines become continous in curves - is there a system setting?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kristina.danielsson
5671 Views, 2 Replies

Dashed lines become continous in curves - is there a system setting?

Hello!

I am having trouble presenting segmented lines with a dashed line type in AutoCadMap 3D 2011. When the segments are small (as in curves) the dashes float together and the lines appear to be continous. This is not the case in for example TopoCad and ArcGIS.

Is there some kind of system setting in AutoCad where you can chose drawing technique? So that the dashed line segment starts with the blank part instead of the dashed?

Kristina Danielsson

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

two options to check that:

• one is to verify the settings LSCALE, PSLTSCALE and MSLTSCAE, these define how the scaling of the linetype is, the last to ones also depending on the viewport-scale (plot-scale).
  • the second may be for polylines if the vertices are to close together (for the spacing-distance of the linetpe). For that each polyline has the property Ltype-Gen (>>>click<<<).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3

Thankyou so much for your help. 

Your second suggestion - setting of parameter ltypegen seems to be exactly what I was looking for!
My polylines now look exactly like I want yhem to look.
Once again thankyou.

Regards
Kristina

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost