AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Layer

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CoffeeEnigma
357 Views, 4 Replies

Current Layer

Is there a way to lock the current layer (to say layer 0) so that is STAYS the current layer regardles of my isolating, turning layers on and off etc?

Really annoying to keep getting those "Are you sure you want to turn off the current layer" messages and it would help prevent me from either drawing thing on a layer I don't intend to, or drawing on a layer which is off (which confuses me every time).

Cheers,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: CoffeeEnigma

Well, the current layer stays ALWAYS current, unless you issue overriding commands as _LAYISO or _LAYCUR...

Message 3 of 5
CoffeeEnigma
in reply to: antoniovinci

Ummm, is that a 'No there isn't a way'?

May not have explained it right. Can I isolate a layer(s) that is not the current layer and have AutoCAD keep my current layer on/unfrozen also (without having to always select it).

I'm aware the'res probably no solution, but I guess I'm after something that acts almost like a 3rd option on the on/off, frozen/thawed stuff.  I turn things on, I turn them off I freeze them or thaw, use isolate or any other command and AutoCAD just 'knows' that I also want layer 0 to remain on, thawed and be the current layer (without asking me about it).

Any help always appreciated.

Message 4 of 5
antoniovinci

In my mother tongue (italian) the word ISOLATE means that only ONE layer stays alive and kicking, while the others go asleep.

I guess in english too, sir...

Message 5 of 5
thepworth

Look in HELP at the settings for the system variable "EXPERT" 

Changing the value for this will reduce the questions for "how much of an idiot" the software assumes you to be 😉

If you set it appropriately, you'll make the messages go away, but it removes the failsafe from doing something stupid (or so the programmers think....)

Best of Luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost