AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSUPDATE error in AutCAD MAP 2014

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
hvascorou
861 Views, 13 Replies

CSUPDATE error in AutCAD MAP 2014

Hello

I have the following problem:
Created various coordinate systems after the conclusion realized that the changes made are not saved in files CSD own but in another folder different.
to not have these separate files wanted to use CSUPDATE will integrate the new to the old so that when running the application screen that appears is wrong not showing the paths to the destination and source as it should be. Attached a picture of how this is being presented to the application screen.

Thanks for anyone who can help me.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
phil_borycens
in reply to: hvascorou

For users having trouble with CSUPDATE, they can use the following process to migrate custom coordinate systems:

The following presumes that the user has *NOT* yet created any custom system on the target machine, otherwise all custom systems will be lost on the target machine.

Also if for instance the source machine has the Map 2012 dictionaries and the target has Map 2013, you’ll lose all the new definitions shipped with Map 2013.
All the custom definitions will be copied at once.

• Up until the Map 2013 release
    • On the source machine, copy all *.CSD files in %PROGRAMDATA%\Autodesk\Geospatial Coordinate Systems
    • On the target machine, overwrite the .CSD files in %PROGRAMDATA%\Autodesk\Geospatial Coordinate Systems  with the copied files
    • Starting from the Map 2014 release
      Installed files will remain untouched, and for the 2014 release, they are installed in c:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Geospatial Coordinate Systems 1400
      All the customized coordinate system definitions are stored in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Autodesk\User Geospatial Coordinate Systems
      • On the source machine, copy  all *.CSD files in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Autodesk\User Geospatial Coordinate Systems"
      • On the target machine, place all these files in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Autodesk\User Geospatial Coordinate Systems"
        This folder will be empty if no customization has been made.

Phil Borycens
Message 3 of 14
hvascorou
in reply to: phil_borycens

Phil

HELLO

Thanks for the reply, I managed to make this setting and thought everything
was fine but another problem appeared. Attached I am sending you the CSD
that I created with the required settings on dwg also attached the same set
this system SIRGAS-M33 after performing some operations in the design or
simply open and close for no reason and AutoCAD changes the code of the
system to GRSSA.UTM-25S which is not what I set and this is going on
forever.

I can not understand why this is, and this problem very serious.

I look in some training to see which solution to this problem.

thank you
Message 4 of 14
phil_borycens

Hey there,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not following you completely though, and I don't see any attachments with your post.

So could you please post again with:

1. the attachments

2. the steps you are taking

3. the expected result

4. the actual result

Then I am best prepared to help you.

Thank you!

Phil Borycens
Message 5 of 14
vasco_rou
in reply to: phil_borycens

Phil

HELLO

Thanks for the reply, I managed to make this setting and thought everything
was fine but another problem appeared. Attached I am sending you the CSD
that I created with the required settings on dwg also attached the same set
this system SIRGAS-M33 after performing some operations in the design or
simply open and close for no reason and AutoCAD changes the code of the
system to GRSSA.UTM-25S which is not what I set and this is going on
forever.

I can not understand why this is, and this problem very serious.

I look in some training to see which solution to this problem.

thank you

Message 6 of 14
phil_borycens
in reply to: vasco_rou

Thank you for including those files. Here is what I tried, and what my results were:

1. I pasted your CSD files into my User Geospatial Coordinate Systems folder:

1-pasted-your-CS-definitions-into-my-CS-user-folder.PNG

2. I opened your DWG in AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 and received the following warning:

2-upon_opening-DWG.PNG

3. I viewed the CS details to see what the CS parameters are. Here is a screenshot for your review. Do the parameters look correct?

3-CS_details.PNG

4. I ran MAPTRACKCS to open the Track Coordinates tool. I'm checking the coordinates in LL of an area in your drawing...

4-checking-coordinates.png

5. I input these coordinates into Google Maps and this is where it's located. Is it correct?

5-location-is-this-correct.PNG

6. Next, I want to let you know that I received the *exact* same results when opening the DWG on another system *without* having pasted over the CSD files as shown in step 1. The DWG CS assignment is GRSSA.UTM-25S, one of the standard, built-in coordinate systems in the Map CS Libary.

7. Custom CSes do appear on the system where I pasted your CSD files. This is a screenshot of what I see on that system. But I'm not sure these are necessary because again, the drawing has a CS assignment of one of the standard AutoCAD Map 3D coordinate systems.

7-your-custom-CS'es-do-appear-on-the-system-where-I-pasted-CSD-files.PNG

Finally, you should know that if you create a custom CS, and want this custom CS added to another user's Map CS Library, you can simply assign that custom CS to a DWG and save and share that DWG with the new user. When opening the DWG, the user should either be prompted to add the custom CS to his library, or it will be done so automatically - based on the user's setting in MAPOPTIONS > Coordinate Systems.

Custom-CS-Options.PNG

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Phil Borycens
Message 7 of 14
vasco_rou

Hello

Obligation for the reply.
Let the problem again :

1 ) The file I created CSD parameters include the officers and want to use these csd by definition of codes used in processes visual lisp . Besides the codes with prefix SIRGAS M - referenced to the datum SIRGAS2000 standard MAP own , also codes were created with prefix SAD69 -M datum SA1969 - IBGE created to be able to apply the official transformation parameters which are different datum SA1969 - BZ already existing in the MAP standard definitions
2 ) When you open the file the warning message should not be displayed whereas the code coordinate system assigned the design is SIRGAS - M33 and it exists in the CSD User folder
3 ) Because it 's the message that comes not because this coordinate system GRSSA.UTM. - 25S not setted on this drawing
4 ) Do not know why this system GRSSA .... because at any moment I 'm using this code .
5 ) As I looked and efetuei several tests my CSD are not wrong and correct the trasformacoes station settings also believe .
6 ) All process should be made were made csd were placed in the right folder does not have this problem but where he gets this code if it does not exist in the file and this question.
7 ) Perform a test you even open the dwg remove the system corrdenadas save, close, reopen assign the system - M33 SIRGAS save close and reopen this process you will be able to see that again appeared the warning message and it would not have to happen .

thank you

Message 8 of 14
phil_borycens

I'm having a hard time understanding some of your reply. If you do not write English, then it's best to post in your native language (as then I can get a colleague to translate from your language - likely Brazilian Portuguese, to English). It's always worse when you run something through a machine translator...

But from what I can understand, it seems that your greatest concern is that the coordinate system assignment is not retained. So I tried the test that you suggested under point #7. I changed the CS assignment to SIRGAS-M33 (one of your custom CS'es, which was installed successfully on my machine using the CSD files). I saved, closed and reopened the drawing, and the CS assignment was retained! Are you saying that the drawing CS assignment gets changed to another coordinate system upon drawing re-open?

Next, I checked the coordinates of a point:

coordinates.png

Here is where that's located: Does it look correct?

location.PNG

Phil Borycens
Message 9 of 14
vasco_rou

hello

The problem is exactly the coordinate system is not retained after work on the file.

thanks

Message 10 of 14
phil_borycens

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply.

I cannot reproduce this problem on my system -- as mentioned, after assigning one of your custom CS'es, and save-close-reopen DWG, the CS assignment remains the same.

Potential causes on your end:

• Do you have any 3rd party add-ons or customization (LISP, VBA, .NET, etc.) that might be interfering?
  • Is there a lack of permissions (maybe read, but not write) that is affecting the contents of the User Geospatial Coordinate Systems folder?
  • Or in the MAPOPTIONS > Coordinate Systems, is the user setting set to "Ignore..."?

Phil Borycens
Message 11 of 14
vasco_rou

hello The problem is the same. The coordinate system settings are not saved in the drawing, or in some cases are temporarily saved and after a few operations are changed to GRSSA .... no reason. I have full administrator permission on the machine. I can not understand the problem but it exists. I know several friends with the same problem. Thank you if you can make some other tests that can reproduce the problem. thank you
Message 12 of 14
phil_borycens

I looked this up and could not find a past case where a user reported that when reopening a drawing, its coordinate system assignment was different than it was during the last session. And as you know, I could not reproduce this problem with your drawing and CSD files. If another user in the community has experienced this, maybe they can post their experience?

Otherwise, the only place to look would be your customization (LISP, etc.). Here in Product Support we do not work with customization, so you would need to investigate that with the creator of the custom code.

Phil Borycens
Message 13 of 14
vasco_rou

hello

The reported problem is not related to any application that LISP. NET, etc..
changing the code of the coordinate system and effected directly by Autocad without any interference from custom application code.

anyway thanks

Message 14 of 14
phil_borycens

I asked two colleagues if they have ever heard of a drawing's CS assignment changing upon drawing re-open, and neither of them have seen it happen either.

There is a new command in 2014 for un-assigning a coordinate system: GEOREMOVE. You could try running that to remove the CS assignment, then MAPCSASSIGN to assign your custom coordinate system again.

Phil Borycens

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost