AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross sections from SDF contour file

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Ste_EDFER
878 Views, 5 Replies

Cross sections from SDF contour file

Afternoon all,

I've created a 3D surface from xyz point data, then used the 3D raster image to create a SDF contour file. Is there anyway in Map 3D to create a simple cross section from these data sources? All I want to do is draw a line and have a 2D cross section of the changes in elevation.

Any advice would be great.

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
antoniovinci
in reply to: Ste_EDFER

Unpack, drag and drop the attachment in your drawing, type SEZI, then click on 2 points somewhere.

The result will be a 3Dpoly "draped" on your contours, sir.

Message 3 of 6
Ste_EDFER
in reply to: antoniovinci

Many thanks, that seems to work perfectly! 

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
antoniovinci
in reply to: Ste_EDFER

You're welcome, sir: if you wanna get more of those italian jewels, check this out.

Message 5 of 6
LkbD
in reply to: antoniovinci

Hello all,

Not to revive an answered thread, however, this is exactly what I'm looking for. I normally create a cross section grade by manually trimming contours and drawing a polyline along the desired path. This method can be slow and tedious especially when many grades are needed. The technique previously meantioned above (Sezi lisp file) would save lots of time however I cannot get it to work.  I have Apploaded the .lsp file into cad and can use the command, but no 3dpoly line is created. in fact, the command lines displays checking "Checking X intersections..." upon clicking a second point but nothing results in clicking enter. I have autocad maps 2015. Has anyone else had success with this lisp file and provide any insight.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Message 6 of 6

It's really awesome lisp. It's really useful for me. Good job friend.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost