AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Points from MDB

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
schroederC3D
209 Views, 7 Replies

Create Points from MDB

Does anyone here have, or know of, a routine for creating points based on the records in a MS Access database? What I'm looking for will prompt you for a mdb, then the table, then let you select which column represents X, Y, Z, and the block name, and an attribute field.

Anyone have anyhting that sounds like that? I'm well aware that some programming could take care of this, but it's not an option right now.

Thanks,

Andrew

Reply Syntax?
Command (Uppercase): TRIM, Variable (Italicized): MSLTSCALE, Civil 3D Object (Within brackets): [SITE]

If this solves your issue or answers your question then please hit the KUDO button or mark as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION!

Please support my Idea to revert the forum format to the old one: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-ideas/revert-to-old-forum-layout/idi-p/7917987
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: schroederC3D

Andrew, Am Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:31:53 GMT schrieb schroedera: > Does anyone here have, or know of, a routine for creating points based on the records in a MS Access database? What I'm looking for will prompt you for a mdb, then the table, then let you select which column represents X, Y, Z, and the block name, and an attribute field. > > Anyone have anyhting that sounds like that? I'm well aware that some programming could take care of this, but it's not an option right now. Yes - me! We have a program that - prompts for an ODBC-datasource (can be a mdb-file) - lets you choose the columns for easting, northing, elevation - lets you choose a column for pointnumbers - lets you choose a column for additional text - lets you choose a column for the blockname - lets you define the layers, on which points, pointnumbers, text and blocks are placed - lets you define an offset for pointnumbers an text - lets you define a scale-factor for blocks > > Thanks, > > Andrew Bye Herbert
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Map 3D 2005 :) Murph "schroedera" wrote in message news:22080185.1087396343748.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Does anyone here have, or know of, a routine for creating points based on the records in a MS Access database? What I'm looking for will prompt you for a mdb, then the table, then let you select which column represents X, Y, Z, and the block name, and an attribute field. > > Anyone have anyhting that sounds like that? I'm well aware that some programming could take care of this, but it's not an option right now. > > Thanks, > > Andrew
Message 4 of 8
schroederC3D

re MAP3D, I could do it through the LDD2005 interface but would rather have a simple, straight-forward block-insertion from MBD routine. Rightnow, it's fastest to go through mapinfo and import the mif/mid, for me at least.

Reply Syntax?
Command (Uppercase): TRIM, Variable (Italicized): MSLTSCALE, Civil 3D Object (Within brackets): [SITE]

If this solves your issue or answers your question then please hit the KUDO button or mark as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION!

Please support my Idea to revert the forum format to the old one: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-ideas/revert-to-old-forum-layout/idi-p/7917987
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

schroedera wrote: > ... would rather have a simple, straight-forward block-insertion from MBD routine. schroedera wrote: > ... would rather have a simple, straight-forward block-insertion > from MBD routine. Then take a look at the ToolPac Block Place routine. It generates block inserts with attributes directly from Excel spreadsheets or Access databases. Insert properties can come from fields or direct entry. Dialog: http://www.dotsoft.com/images/blkplace.gif Thanks, Terry -- The Ultimate Productivity Add-On for AutoCAD ToolPac 8.0 from http://www.dotsoft.com
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I won't debate that it's easy to do with the Civil tools added to MAP in R2005. I still use my old lisp routine that we used in R12 AutoCAD before MAP. Seems like when AutoDesk introduces new tools/features into the verticals it take to the next version to be release before they get defined/fine tuned to what the users really need. Murph "schroedera" wrote in message news:20001043.1087418149613.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > re MAP3D, I could do it through the LDD2005 interface but would rather have a simple, straight-forward block-insertion from MBD routine. Rightnow, it's fastest to go through mapinfo and import the mif/mid, for me at least.
Message 7 of 8
lakeja

Hi,

I´ve some problems with this function in Map 3D.
I have an MDB File, with Point number, Easting, Northing and Point - Number. When I attach it, its quite fine, but if I want to process the insertion of the points, I get an Error, that the file is read - only. I can´t manage it, that the file isn´t read only.

Why does I fail???

Thanx for answers
Lakeja
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

You can't connect to and import a table at the same time as Map is locking the MDB when it's attached and connected. Disconnecting the table for the time of import should solve. Marion Pietsch Autodesk Product Support Infrastructure Solutions "lakeja" wrote in message news:32919348.1089126369635.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > Hi, > > I´ve some problems with this function in Map 3D. > I have an MDB File, with Point number, Easting, Northing and Point - Number. When I attach it, its quite fine, but if I want to process the insertion of the points, I get an Error, that the file is read - only. I can´t manage it, that the file isn´t read only. > > Why does I fail??? > > Thanx for answers > Lakeja

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost