AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Legend into model space in Map 3D 2014

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kgamboa
553 Views, 5 Replies

Create Legend into model space in Map 3D 2014

Please, help me

i want create a legend into model space, i'm use autocad map 2014. Before i could do it in the 2011 o 2012 versions. now only is posible in paper space. in task pane - display manager - tools (not show the option to create legend). I need this by generate my map books. 

the tutorials videos in this respect are use autocad map 2012. (are not updated)

thanks for your time.

Kevin Gamboa

MTC - Peru

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Murph_Map
in reply to: kgamboa

After you have your map set up create the legend in paper space then use the express tool CHSPACE to change it to a model space legend. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 6
kgamboa
in reply to: Murph_Map

THANKS BY YOUR ATTENTION

I have done it, but i couldn´t generate my map books with legends. In the process show me an error message. i'm use Autocad Map 2014  

Message 4 of 6
Murph_Map

What template are you using to create the mapbook? Does it have a viewport defined/tagged (placeholder) as a legend viewport? 

Murph
Message 5 of 6
kgamboa
in reply to: Murph_Map

I´m use Map Book Template - ISO A0 Classic.dwt  (include autocad map 2014), but also I've used others templates in the same folder, showing the same error above. attach the template used.

Message 6 of 6
Murph_Map

@kgamboa wrote:

I´m use Map Book Template - ISO A0 Classic.dwt  (include autocad map 2014), but also I've used others templates in the same folder, showing the same error above. attach the template used.

The template does NOT have the viewport create for the legend. Create a viewport (MVIEW Command) Then use the placeholders to identity it.Save the template and try again. Also in 2015 I did not need to create a legend in Model Space if I was using the model space to create the Mapbook. 

legend_Vport.png

Murph

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost