AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create complex polygon or hatch

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
GoranKLensmeden
954 Views, 3 Replies

Create complex polygon or hatch

I´m working on a complex net of roads, made up with polylines. I need to calculate the area of the roads, either by converting the network to polygons or by hatching it.

I once succeeded to hatch the entire net and managed to get an area, but it took time and I guess my computer had a good day. The net has to be edited quite often, however, and the hatch doesnt follow when moving the nodes in the polylines.

I can manage to convert to polygons i MapInfo PRO 10, and Islands seem much easier to handle there.

Which is the easiest way to work with this net if I have to edit it and always keep the correct area updated?

Thankful for any hints!

/ Göran

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

>> Which is the easiest way to work with this net if I have to edit it and always keep the correct area updated?

Use the FDO functionality and hold the object(s) in an SDF-file instead of a complex polyline object in DWG.

The handling for modification is not the same in all points, so you have to do some learning, but you have also the GRIPS available to modify the geometry or you have commands for splitting or joining objects (hopefully you have a version of Map3D that is close to current).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Thanks! I´m on the case - now I just need to find some good literature...

/ Göran

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost