AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
Ronaldo54
Message 1 of 3 (209 Views)

Corrupt File!

209 Views, 2 Replies
02-18-2013 11:13 PM

Hi, I am running Auto CAD Map 3D 2013. The drawing that I am working on at the moment has several tabs, with each tab containing several viewports. The trouble that I am having is that when I try to copy a viewport, AutoCAD not responding is shown, and it take approx 5 mins to complete the comand!!! Can anyone help please. If I Wblock the model and insert it into a clean drawing, I would then need to create new tabs again, which would take some time. Thanks in advance Ron

*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 2 of 3 (193 Views)

Re: Corrupt File!

02-19-2013 03:43 AM in reply to: Ronaldo54

Start with an AUDIT of the dwg, then in the options under the System tab check the Layout Regen Options. Last look at your video system and settings.

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
dsypersma
Message 3 of 3 (184 Views)

Re: Corrupt File!

02-19-2013 08:34 AM in reply to: Ronaldo54

After typing in the Audit command, do a -Purge command and select REG to do a deep purge of the drawing file. I usually type AU* at the PURGE Enter name(s) to purge <*> and then N to verify each  name to be purged.

DDINSERT into a new drawing will also clean up an old drawing. Use AutoCad's Design Center to bring in your Layouts from the original drawing. The icon is located on the Standard Toolbar or you can type in ADCENTER.

Dan

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.