AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Themes from one data connection to another in display manager

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dhenderhan
615 Views, 2 Replies

Copy Themes from one data connection to another in display manager

I have multiple weeks of shape file data and they are sent to me weekly.  I'm trying to build a dwg using map instead of an ever growing CAD file with actual cad opjects in it (import shape files).  After connecting to all of the data, I build a style for a set of polygon data based on property status.  Does anyone know if I can copy that same style (theme) from one data connection in the display manager to another? (property status from this week to last weeks data)  Or am I going about it all wrong?  I have a pdf attached.

Thanks,

David E. Henderhan, PLS
Civil 3D 2023
Dell Precision 3660 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel (R) RTX A2000
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 2.10 GHz
128 GB ram
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Murph_Map
in reply to: dhenderhan

There's no easy way, although it's been on the wish list since FDO came about. 

One way is to save the data connection layer to a .layer file. Then open that file in notepad or a simple text editor (it's an XML format file) and edit the file name in that file, then just load the new layer file. Of course the files have to be the same type with the same attributes for it to work. If you save the first layer file with a new name then each week edit that and save as with a new name. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 3
hence_the_name
in reply to: dhenderhan

Hi David,

the question comes a up every now and then. Here is a discussion with some further links:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-map-3d-general/copy-a-shapefile-layer-style-frome-one-to-anoth...

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost