AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy single object to new shapefile

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rjalexander
243 Views, 2 Replies

Copy single object to new shapefile

I'm trying to copy a single object from one shapefile to its own. Working with a Municipalities shapefile that has dozens of cities and i want "city A" all by itself. I've used bulk copy, but that gives me everything. Its killing me that i've done this before and can't figure it out again.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
parkr4st
in reply to: rjalexander

data connect, add to map with query, use either the town name data or the town boundary polygon for the criteria

and save the result to sdf file.  you can then mapimport and mapexport to shp if you need shp.  put the shp in a new map and save a .layer file for future use after you style the data.

dave

Message 3 of 3

Hi,

>> I've used bulk copy, but that gives me everything

It depends what you define as data source in the bulk-copy dialog. If you select the item under group "Layers" you get only that objects transfered/copied that are active filtered, so if you have only one city filtered out from all you will only get that one city copied to the destination data.

If you select the item under "FeatureSource" then every filter-setting is ignored and you get all source objects transfered.

2014-10-26 12-04-45.png

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost