AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy/paste problem, probably easy fix, first time experience for me though

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
1sccobb
371 Views, 15 Replies

copy/paste problem, probably easy fix, first time experience for me though

copy & pasting from one dwg to another it will scale by 12 without warning, units are set to unitless both dwg's.....doesn't happen on every sheet got thinking it's a drawing variable of some sort and system.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
1sccobb
in reply to: 1sccobb

version autocad map 3d 2014

Message 3 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> units are set to unitless both dwg's

Then start command _OPTIONS, select tab "User Preferences" and check that unit settings too.

BTW: when you work with GIS-objects, why do you work without units, at least you'll have some infos about units set when assigning a coordinate system!

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 16
1sccobb
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Set to unitless their also in both drawings.....

Theirs a lot I don't know about using GIS, we work on nothing but water here and we use mrsid files and draw in the roads, waterline, etc....I'm sure theirs a more efficent way, but I was the only here for the last 7 years that uses Cad, this is the first issue I have seen where I couldn't copy & paste from a known point.

Thanks for the reply

Craig

Message 5 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I couldn't copy & paste from a known point

What happens if you do _WBLOCK with the objects you like to transfer and then run _INSERT to import the geometry from that new file? Is that also scaled?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 6 of 16
Murph_Map

Check INSUNITSDEFSOURCE and  INSUNITSDEFTARGET then also use the _dwgunits command and look there.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 7 of 16
1sccobb

Yes, I wblocked out all the line work into a new dwg from 0,0 still same result. Seems like a drawing issue and not a system variable, but the brand dwg had same result.

Message 8 of 16
1sccobb
in reply to: Murph_Map

_dwgunits is set to 1/inches, but theirs no option for 0 there, everything else is 0 unitless

Message 9 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> _dwgunits is set to 1/inches

Can you follow the command to the 4th option "Scale objects from other drawings upon insert" ... and set that to "no"

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 10 of 16
1sccobb

Yes and no, works with _insert, I can scale in the x,y direction by 1/12, but any blocks that aren't exploded are shifted out of the screen but stil part of the block, I didn't explode dwg upon insert...

They're  engineer dwg's with 100 scale viewport's and if I do a copy/paste theirs no scale options 

Message 11 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

can you upload those two drawings (source drawing and the drawing where you copy the objects to), if necessary reduce all drawings to a minimum, at least as many elements as needed to reproduce the issue.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 12 of 16
1sccobb

I can _insert and check the box to use geographic data and that puts it where its supposed to be, but one my attribute blocks is wildly out of scale. I can explode it and exactly 12 times to large.....

I can insert the attribute block into another drawing and it works fine

Message 13 of 16
1sccobb

I think I got it done right, should be just line work in model and a plan tab with the viewport, wasn't sure if you needed the viewport or not....

Thanks for taking a look....

I'm headed home now, I'll check back tomorrow 

Message 14 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

Are you copying from modelspace to modelspace? If so I can do that without having anything wrong/scaled.

I used _COPYBASE (with basepoint 0,0,0) and _PASTECLIP into the other drawing.

Can you describe what objects are then scaled ... or better, can you upload the drawing with the already wrong pasted objects so we can compare to the drawings in the previous thread?

BTW: in both drawings the setting for "Scale objects from other drawings...." were set to yes, should be set to 0 in your case!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 15 of 16
1sccobb

Where do I go to change the drawing setting? I use _copybase from 0,0,0 and my drawings scale by 12 from the basepoint, I even used a northing/easting point on the magenta matchline on sheet 10, puts it in the right place, but scaled by 12

On sheet 10A, in model space, you can see the eliptical's are scaled. It's an inserted attribute from a dwg file 

Here's the 10A sheet I wblocked out

Message 16 of 16
1sccobb

I got it working

Thanks for the help again

Now if I can figure out my Tiff file problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost