AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinate tracker cycling, digitizing not working

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
indianadarren
444 Views, 5 Replies

Coordinate tracker cycling, digitizing not working

Oh, I am drawing a map of my campus. I drew it to scale, tracing a raster image from Google Earth, but with no coordinate system assigned. Then I  assigned a Coord system (L-L, no datum) and tried to MOVE the geometry, based on the Google Earth coords of one of the building corners. 

Something is very wrong. When trying to digitize points with the Coordinate tracker  to where they ought to go, nothing is working. Also, the Coordinate tracker goes WILD as it moves across the screen, cycling many times though all 360 degrees of longitude over and over. File is attached. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

If you give us a Google Earth placement of your campus, I bet that someone will calibrate your existing beautiful map correctly, sir. 

Message 3 of 6

That would be very nice, however, I still need to know HOW to do it in the end. I though by setting a coordinate system and then entering points with the digitizer they would automatically go to where they were assigned. Now the coordinate tracker seems like a joke. The campus is located at 118d58'18"W,  35d24'25"N.

thanks for the help...

Message 4 of 6

First rate the attached one, then we're gonna talk about the right workflow.

In advance, I apologize 'cause I don't know imperial units, so I hope I guessed all.

Basing on your GPS pair, I assigned a CA83-VF coordinate system reference, so I'd like this forum's USA gurus to check it out.

Message 5 of 6
parkr4st
in reply to: antoniovinci

setting google earth to utm (tools, options, 3d view tab, show lat,long)   get  11s as the geo coord sys.  you can pick a few points on GE at street intersections, building corners, etc. new dwg set to 11s, draw the points &  move, rotate and scale your line work to the points.  it fit pretty well. attached a sdf.  This is close, not precise, nice picture fit unworthy of close measurements type map. 

I would set the 11s in a new dwg and find a georeferenced photo to work over.  GPS points would be helpful also.

dave

Message 6 of 6
indianadarren
in reply to: parkr4st

I am having major troubles with the file you sent. Nothing measures out correctly, and the UTM numbers don't match Google Earth. Help!  Please see the attached document and tell me what you think.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost