AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinate System Warning

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Denzuki1
599 Views, 3 Replies

Coordinate System Warning

I created a drawing and applied a coordinate system. I saved the drawing and exited autoCAD. Ten minutes later, I started AutoCAD Civil 3D and re-opended the file I created and I get the error I've attached. I believe that one of the coordinate system files is either corrupt or has some sort of lock on it. I have already run a repair on the software. Has someone seen this before?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
antoniovinci
in reply to: Denzuki1

You posted in the wrong place, sir: this is a Map forum, not Civil one...

Message 3 of 4
Denzuki1
in reply to: antoniovinci

My understanding is that Map 3D has these abilities, and I was using the planning and analysis workspace from Civil 3D (which is the Map 3D component). Is this not the case?

Message 4 of 4
TimSR
in reply to: Denzuki1

Go here: http://docs.autodesk.com/MAP/2013/ENU/files/readme-map.htm#_Coordinate_Systems

And do what it says. I was having a problem where maps that were brought in with data connect were out in space but if I used mapimport they were correct. I went into the coord systems directory off of read only and when I got back in Civil3d, I got a couple of errors, and then the drawing was fixed. Not sure if that fixed it, or just getting out and back in fixed it, but in Windows 7 that directory has to be unlocked. I unlocked "Geospatial Coordinate Systems" and "Geospatial Coordinate Systems 2013".

Tim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost