AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
Denzuki1
Message 1 of 4 (413 Views)

Coordinate System Warning

413 Views, 3 Replies
07-27-2012 10:12 AM

I created a drawing and applied a coordinate system. I saved the drawing and exited autoCAD. Ten minutes later, I started AutoCAD Civil 3D and re-opended the file I created and I get the error I've attached. I believe that one of the coordinate system files is either corrupt or has some sort of lock on it. I have already run a repair on the software. Has someone seen this before?

*Expert Elite*
antoniovinci
Message 2 of 4 (411 Views)

Re: Coordinate System Warning

07-27-2012 10:45 AM in reply to: Denzuki1

You posted in the wrong place, sir: this is a Map forum, not Civil one...

Valued Contributor
Denzuki1
Message 3 of 4 (409 Views)

07-27-2012 10:53 AM in reply to: antoniovinci

My understanding is that Map 3D has these abilities, and I was using the planning and analysis workspace from Civil 3D (which is the Map 3D component). Is this not the case?

Contributor
TimSR
Message 4 of 4 (398 Views)

07-27-2012 08:10 PM in reply to: Denzuki1

Go here: http://docs.autodesk.com/MAP/2013/ENU/files/readme-map.htm#_Coordinate_Systems

And do what it says. I was having a problem where maps that were brought in with data connect were out in space but if I used mapimport they were correct. I went into the coord systems directory off of read only and when I got back in Civil3d, I got a couple of errors, and then the drawing was fixed. Not sure if that fixed it, or just getting out and back in fixed it, but in Windows 7 that directory has to be unlocked. I unlocked "Geospatial Coordinate Systems" and "Geospatial Coordinate Systems 2013".

Tim

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.