AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinate system error

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tom
Explorer
655 Views, 1 Reply

Coordinate system error

I get an error message when I load a map with Map 2009 (XP) that was last saved by 2012 (Win7 x64).  The error message is this:

Warning: Drawing {drawing name} was created with a version of coordinate system {coordinate system name} that is different from the version installed on your system.  Coordinate conversion operations may generate incorrect results.

I tried opening and saving it with 2009 but the error persists.  What causes this error and what can be done about it?

Tom

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: tom

Hi,

>> What causes this error and what can be done about it?

That with Map3D2012 there are a lot more coord-systems available then in 2009. And when you now open the drawing with an older Map3D version you either have not defined this coord-system or with other definition-details.

If you can verify that your 2009-version has a projection-system defined equal to that of 2012 then you should be able to assign it using the command _ADESETCRDSYS.

If you have not the same coord-system in your 2009-version you will be unable to mix data of different systems with your Map3D and this drawing.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost