AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinate space Map 3D 2008

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
andyb475
420 Views, 3 Replies

Coordinate space Map 3D 2008

I am fairly new to AutoCAD and I am running into a problem. I have a drawing wherein the drawing has no coordinate system defined (or so it seems). I have assigned the correct C.S. but when I export/import a SHP file I find that the drawing is in the wrong splace. I have attached a screen shot to show the problem I am having. Can anyone tell me how I can move the entire drawing to the correct spot? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
antoniovinci
in reply to: andyb475

Command: _ALIGN

Message 3 of 4
thepworth

check your units - your lower left corner is indicating feet & inches - I recall seeing a post lately that Map prefers using feet/meters, but not sure if it applies here.  check units & insunits for insertion units.

Best of Luck!

Message 4 of 4
andyb475

Thanks for all the info. The company that created the drawing altered the coordinates (decimal to architectural) and somehow moved the position of the drawing. I was able to reassign the coordinates to the correct one and then rubber sheet the layers to my reference shapefile.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost