AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinate Help

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
emcdaris
571 Views, 6 Replies

Coordinate Help

New to the mapping side of Cad. I have Map 3D 2010. I have a drawing with township and range lines as well as section lines drawn. Included in that drawing is our water distribution system and easements. What i am trying to do is correctly place that system spatially.

For instance I looked up the NW corner of a specific section on our counties GIS site and it gave me these coordinates: 35.1231020, -119.3407611.

How do I plot that point in Map 3d? I was planning on plotting that point and then moving my T/R lines to match that point. 

If i am confusing or too vague please let me know. 

Thanks all.

-Mac

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Murph_Map
in reply to: emcdaris

First you need to know what coordinate system the GIS folks are using. Then open a new dwg and assign that coordinate system to that dwg. Also you should have two or more know points. Use the point command and create points at the coordinates from the GIS system, then use the insert command to insert the T/R dwg into that dwg as a block and use the move/scale/align commands to move the inserted dwg(block) to line up. Afterwards you can explode the block back to individual objects and saveas. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 7
antoniovinci

emac661 wrote:

35.1231020, -119.3407611

Does that Lat/Long pair represent a point in Kern county (California)..?

If so, the CRS is definetely EPSG:4326 i.e. LL84, sir.

Message 4 of 7
ericcollins6932

And try and see if you can't get those coordinates in some kind of xy system instead as opposed to geographics as your local works are probably all in some kind of grid system.

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 5 of 7
emcdaris
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thanks alot. I appreciate it.
Message 6 of 7
emcdaris
in reply to: antoniovinci

Yes indeed it does & thank you
Message 7 of 7
emcdaris
in reply to: ericcollins6932

Will do. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost