AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Mentor
rl_jackson
Message 1 of 9 (347 Views)
Accepted Solution

Convert FDO data to Autocad Objects

347 Views, 8 Replies
11-15-2013 06:22 AM

I have an FDO for the the FEMA NFHL with several layers in my drawing, how do I go about making this data permenant?

C3D12-13
Win7x64 6gb

Are you opening the dwg that it creates? Are all the AutoCAD layers on and thawed? Any error messages when you export? Are you using the Map command  _mapexportcurrentmaptodwg or the Civ3D command to export, there's a different.

*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 2 of 9 (340 Views)

Re: Convert FDO data to Autocad Objects

11-15-2013 06:58 AM in reply to: rl_jackson
Look at the export to autocad command or save map as autocad dwg.
Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
Distinguished Mentor
rl_jackson
Message 3 of 9 (335 Views)

11-15-2013 07:23 AM in reply to: Murph
When I do that, all the FDO line work disappears in the drawing. Mind you this is just a new thing that I'm doing due to the extents of the particular drawing which is about 3000 acres, with about 15 miles of FEMA Flood Hazard Lines that I just didnt want to draw into the drawing.
C3D12-13
Win7x64 6gb
*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 4 of 9 (308 Views)

11-16-2013 04:42 AM in reply to: rl_jackson

Are you opening the dwg that it creates? Are all the AutoCAD layers on and thawed? Any error messages when you export? Are you using the Map command  _mapexportcurrentmaptodwg or the Civ3D command to export, there's a different.

Murph
Distinguished Mentor
rl_jackson
Message 5 of 9 (303 Views)

11-16-2013 04:49 AM in reply to: Murph
The only thing that I dislike about that is that it really explodes the data, all the flood lines were littel pieces this could have something to do with my map style that I assigned, I working on this between AU Classes and your blog site.

Just have not used the Map functions that much for survey related drawings. But see the real benifit of integrated GIS data with my survey. What's getting me now is the Scale Range and making it display like I want when I'm at 1"=30' or if I'm at 1" = 1000'
C3D12-13
Win7x64 6gb
rominap12
Message 6 of 9 (59 Views)

10-22-2014 08:23 AM in reply to: Murph

Murph wrote:

Hi Murph

I have basically the same problem.

My data source is FDO (SQL Server) and need export a partial view of the drawing but in *.dwg format and the object data. I tried with "maptoacad" and do not work because the objects become simple entities without internal information. I was too tried the command"mapexportcurrentmaptodwg" and then the pc do not let me work, becomes so slow.

Please, if you know how do that help me.:catembarrassed:

Regards

Romi

*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 7 of 9 (47 Views)

10-22-2014 04:18 PM in reply to: rominap12

You will need to bulk copy to a new SDF file then mapimport that SDF file and create object data on the import. 

To create a new blank SDF file from the map task pane click on the map Explorer tab, Click on Schema button at the top, and select create SDF schema. Follow the promts in the dialog and place the sdf where you want. After you create the SDF file data connect to it but do not click "Add To MAP".

Then back in the map task pane on the "Display Manager" tab click on the data button and select bulk copy. select your SQL file on the left and the SDF file on the right side. Also click on the data attributes you want to copy to the SDF.

Copy the data and wait a few minutes(depending on size and number of attributes. Once it copies to the sdf unconnect the SDF file and use the mapimport command to import it as auocad enitites. 

Murph
rominap12
Message 8 of 9 (38 Views)

10-24-2014 11:09 AM in reply to: Murph

Thanks Murph!!:catembarrassed:

*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 9 of 9 (29 Views)

10-24-2014 03:31 PM in reply to: rominap12

rominap12 wrote:

Thanks Murph!!:catembarrassed:

I take it you got it to work OK? 

Murph
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!