AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert FDO data to Autocad Objects

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
rl_jackson
1098 Views, 8 Replies

Convert FDO data to Autocad Objects

I have an FDO for the the FEMA NFHL with several layers in my drawing, how do I go about making this data permenant?

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Murph_Map
in reply to: rl_jackson

Look at the export to autocad command or save map as autocad dwg.
Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 9
rl_jackson
in reply to: Murph_Map

When I do that, all the FDO line work disappears in the drawing. Mind you this is just a new thing that I'm doing due to the extents of the particular drawing which is about 3000 acres, with about 15 miles of FEMA Flood Hazard Lines that I just didnt want to draw into the drawing.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
Murph_Map
in reply to: rl_jackson

Are you opening the dwg that it creates? Are all the AutoCAD layers on and thawed? Any error messages when you export? Are you using the Map command  _mapexportcurrentmaptodwg or the Civ3D command to export, there's a different.

Murph
Message 5 of 9
rl_jackson

The only thing that I dislike about that is that it really explodes the data, all the flood lines were littel pieces this could have something to do with my map style that I assigned, I working on this between AU Classes and your blog site.

Just have not used the Map functions that much for survey related drawings. But see the real benifit of integrated GIS data with my survey. What's getting me now is the Scale Range and making it display like I want when I'm at 1"=30' or if I'm at 1" = 1000'

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
rominap12

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you opening the dwg that it creates? Are all the AutoCAD layers on and thawed? Any error messages when you export? Are you using the Map command  _mapexportcurrentmaptodwg or the Civ3D command to export, there's a different.

Hi Murph

I have basically the same problem.

My data source is FDO (SQL Server) and need export a partial view of the drawing but in *.dwg format and the object data. I tried with "maptoacad" and do not work because the objects become simple entities without internal information. I was too tried the command"mapexportcurrentmaptodwg" and then the pc do not let me work, becomes so slow.

Please, if you know how do that help me.:catembarrassed:

Regards

Romi

Tags (3)
Message 7 of 9
Murph_Map
in reply to: rominap12

You will need to bulk copy to a new SDF file then mapimport that SDF file and create object data on the import. 

To create a new blank SDF file from the map task pane click on the map Explorer tab, Click on Schema button at the top, and select create SDF schema. Follow the promts in the dialog and place the sdf where you want. After you create the SDF file data connect to it but do not click "Add To MAP".

Then back in the map task pane on the "Display Manager" tab click on the data button and select bulk copy. select your SQL file on the left and the SDF file on the right side. Also click on the data attributes you want to copy to the SDF.

Copy the data and wait a few minutes(depending on size and number of attributes. Once it copies to the sdf unconnect the SDF file and use the mapimport command to import it as auocad enitites. 

Murph
Message 8 of 9
rominap12

Thanks Murph!!Cat Embarassed

Message 9 of 9
Murph_Map
in reply to: rominap12

@rominap12 wrote:

Thanks Murph!!Cat Embarassed

I take it you got it to work OK? 

Murph

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost