AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Data Labels into normal editable CAD text

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
archaeoman
1005 Views, 3 Replies

Convert Data Labels into normal editable CAD text

Dear all,

I have MAP3d 2014 drawings with object data attached. I also need to be able to see the data as text. In map 3d it is a straightforward exercise. I go to task pane>Data>add drawing layer... I select the layer I want data to display and I select the object properties, change the TextLabel into the required field and I have readable on the screen text... However this text does not behave like text at all.... If I edit it, it disappears or reverts beck to the original text. When I open in normal CAD of course it is not readable...

How can I convert this MAP3D data label text into an AutoCad, editable text for everyone to see and edit....

Please help... Since copy past does nothing...

I will appreciate you help since I am battling this for far too long.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: archaeoman

There's a couple of ways to do it. One is after you do the query save the map to dwg format.  _mapexportcurrentmaptodwg command

Another method is to create map annotation blocks, start with _mapanntemplate then use  _mapanninsert to insert those annoblocks.

Third attach the map to a new map and create a alterproperty query to create text.

The order I listed are the easy to difficult IMHO for new users.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 4
antoniovinci
in reply to: archaeoman

Here's another technique:

1. _MAPIMPORT => browse to your text SHP file 
  2. click on <ACAD_POINT> in the "Points" column
  3. a small button with three dots appears on the right
  4. click on it
  5. dialog box "How to process points" or something along the lines appears
  6. choose second option, "create text from attribute data " and select "Textstring" column
Message 4 of 4
archaeoman
in reply to: antoniovinci

I also found out that after adding the text through the Task Pane, if I quick select the text and select Express>Mofify>Flatten this created a 2D version of them that can be moved, edited and seen in normal CAD as well.

Thank you for all the great replies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost