AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert connected feature data to real polylines and text

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jgray
15586 Views, 6 Replies

Convert connected feature data to real polylines and text

Hello,

In autocad 2013 is the best way still to convert data you have connected to, for example a shapefile, as feature data in order to convert that into polylines and text is the best method saving it all as a seperate drawing using the "save as autocad drawing command"?  Is there way to do it individually in the current drawing so that I do not always have to be saving things out as seperate drawings and then copy and pasting them back into my working drawing?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bingeomatics
in reply to: jgray

I think you need to thos command: _MAPExtractFeatureGeometry

Binnat Khalilov
Message 3 of 7
jgray
in reply to: bingeomatics

I guess that really is the second best alternative, is there any more other than doing the save as drawing command and the check out feature geometery command you suggested.  Just looking at all my opitions. 

Message 4 of 7
hence_the_name

Hi,

you could also just import the features you want (applying a spatial or other filter) but you will loose the "style" settings for the imported features. Command: _mapimport

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 5 of 7
parkr4st

Why do you want to convert it?  What are you attempting to do with the data?

dave

Message 6 of 7
jgray
in reply to: parkr4st

Hey, 

Thanks for interest!  Basically for years I have been using the command Mapimport to bring in shapefile data into drawings because it created for me real polylines and points which I could then save my drawing and email it to a client as needed.  I have randomly fooled around with connecting to the shapefile data through the taskpane and apply styles and creating labels for some of the data that is attached.  I usually about 99% of the time just use the mapimport command because it is easier to work with and send to people but I just wanted to try the other way and see what my options are currently.

I only prefer the mapimport method due to the fact that with it when that I email the drawings everthing is contained within the drawing and I don't have to send a shapefile as well.

Basically i just wanted to know all my options on converting feature data into real polylines, text, and such and see which one I thought was best. So far I guess I like the "Save as drawing command"...   I wish there was an option to just  "Save as real polylines, text, and hatches, inside current drawing command".

Message 7 of 7
fgondomi
in reply to: bingeomatics

thank you! that did work 😄 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost